Michael Johnston is a retired educator pursuing her dream of producing fine art photographs with emphasis on equines. Her love
Click Banner for More Information
Latest Classified Ads
- Titania Ranch is a gorgeous 238 acre ranch borderi...[Read more]
Horse Connection Center on Facebook
The Akhal-Teke of Turkmenistan
The Akhal-Teke is a horse breed from Turkmenistan, where they are a national emblem. They have a reputation for speed and endurance, intelligence, and a distinctive metallic sheen. The shiny coat of palominos and buckskins led to their nickname "Golden Horses". These horses are adapted to severe climatic conditions and are thought to be one of the oldest existing horse breeds. There are currently about 6,600 Akhal-Tekes in the world, mostly in Turkmenistan and Russia, although they are also found throughout Europe and North America. Akhal was the name of the line of oases along the north slope of the Kopet Dag mountains. It was inhabited by the Tekke tribe of Turkomans.
Movie of the Month The Akahl Teke
Akahl-Teke in the USA
Get To Know The HCC Professionals
- The Pre-Purchase Exam by Dr. David Bogenrief, DVMKnowing about the health of a horse before you buy is one of the most important decisions you will make during the lifetime of that horse. Compared to the cost of keeping and maintaining a horse with health problems, the pre-purchase exam is the best investment you will make. The ability to perform a thorough and comprehensive examination requires practice, a critical eye and years of experience as it is a procedure with many nuances and is highly operator dependent. The buyer must remember that no horse is perfect, that one is looking at a horse at a specific point...
- Crackerjack Productions LLCFounded in 2011, Crackerjack Productions’ guiding goal is to delight you, Mr. and Ms. Competitor, with a memorable horse show experience. We give ourselves permission to be awesome and our commitment to our mission has earned us the admiration of many. We host our own shows, are available to manage shows for other groups, and can also assist show organizers that need additional professional support at their events. Enthusiastic and detailed-oriented Event Manager specializing in fun, well-run Dressage Horse Shows in Southern California and now, the Central Coast. Strong business, project management and customer service skills with additional strengths in...
- Mountain View Sport HorsesMountain View Sport Horses is located in San Luis Obispo and is owned by Jackie Ahl-Eckhaus. The farm is dedicated to breeding and training quality dressage prospects for the professional and amateur rider. Over the course of 20 years the breeding program, which began as a dream has blossomed into a reality with success in the breeding ranks of the KWPN-NA, open Sport Horse breed shows and open dressage competitions through the FEI levels. The goal is simple, find the best bred and talented stallions to pair with the farms well bred and talented mares. As a breeder, it gives...
- Straight From The Horse’s Mouth Radio Show ~ Paula SlaterPaula Slater is a retired art teacher and has been a horse owner for over 30 years. She has combined her passion for creativity with her love of horses and found a way to share it all. Paula is the force behind the podcast, Straight from the Horse’s Mouth and the soon to be launched, Boomer Equestrian. The podcast gives listeners the opportunity to listen to the stories of interesting people who have a unique perspective on horses. These are horse lovers who are striving to make the world a better place for horses and people through their art, services...